There are so many reasons to love a refreshing watermelon pizza on a hot day! Here is a simple recipe so you can create your own and customize it with your favorite toppings.
Ingredients for “pizza”:
- 1-2 Small seedless watermelons
- 1 Cup of slice strawberries
- 1/4 Cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/4 Cup of blueberries
- Handful of fresh basil
*Optional: Chia seeds, pineapple, vegan cheese, balsamic dressing, and roasted coconut
Ingredients for “sauce”:
- 1 Cup of frozen Strawberries
- 1 Cup of vegan yogurt or (1/2 avocado)
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar
1. Defrost the frozen berries (or microwave them in a microwave safe dish for 2 minutes) until they are mushy enough to smash with a fork.
2. Use an immersion blender to blend the fruit strawberries, vegan yogurt (or avocado), and sugar together.
3. Now it’s time to assemble your pizza!
4. But the small watermelons in half and carefully cut along the diameter to form round circles, then cut these rounds into your equal sized slices. A small watermelon will yield about 3 “pies”.
5. Pour or spoon your desired about of sauce (or balsamic dressing) and top with your favorite treats!
We love this dish because it is:
-Less than 5 Ingredients
Notes: You can make this dish savory or sweet so have fun customizing your own personal watermelon pizza!
Leave A Reply